Habits automate your success (or your failure). Here are ten positive and empowering habits that will make it easier to achieve your business and personal goals.
1. Clear your space! Get rid of clutter in your workspace and in your living space. Clutter literally sucks the energy right out of you!
2. Write your goals down where you can see them often. Putting them on paper makes them more real than if you stored them all in your head.
3. Make a plan. You only have a limited amount of time to achieve your business and personal goals so make sure you’re making the most of it. Plans also help you stay motivated and on task.
4. Learn how to prioritize using the four categories below:
– DO NOW: “important and urgent”
– DO SECOND: “important but not urgent”
– DO THIRD: “urgent but not important” (the squeaky wheel may get the grease, but be careful that the squeaky wheel isn’t rolling in the opposite direction of your goals!)
– LEAVE FOR LAST (and who really cares if you get to it… either delegate it or leave it): “unimportant and not urgent”.
5. Make a decision! Of course refer to #2, #3 and #4… and if something is part of your plan, and you don’t know what to do, just do what your gut instincts say could be a good move. You can’t fail if you learn from your mistakes, and some action is better than analysis paralysis!
6. Do not procrastinate. Remember that procrastination is a sign of fear. Face the fear. Action sends fear running for the hills!
7. Work on your self-confidence through action. Even if you “fail” remember that you are being enriched because of the lessons you learned, PLUS… you won’t be so afraid to take chances and possibly fail again. If you did it once, you can do it again.
8. Be disciplined. It can take a long time to achieve anything. It takes for ever if you don’t do anything. Take one step at a time to keep things manageable.
9. Work towards a win-win for everyone. No matter what your goals are, if you can benefit someone else by achieving it, you’ll feel better about yourself, you’ll enlist more people to help you, and you’ll enjoy the process more!
10. Be aware. Inspiration, ideas, opportunities and resources are all around you. Are you seeing them or are you blind to them? Slow down, and consider that everything that “jumps out at you” did so for a reason.
You can add many, many positive habits to this list – and I encourage you to do so! But, it’s a great start and a strong productivity booster if you implement these 10 tips.
Inspired by a post by Ologundudu Abraham on: http://www.goalsontrack.com/blog/